In this article you will learn “how to turn off windows defender“. Windows Defender can protect your computer from malware such as viruses, spyware and other potentially unwanted threats. But if you do not think this is the best antivirus program or it can not meet your requirement, follow the methods below to disable it.
Windows Defender Antivirus is a malware protection mechanism that comes with Windows 10 to protect your device and data from viruses, extortion, spyware and many other security threats.
Although this antivirus, which provides reliable protection in real time and even automatically disconnects itself when a third-party solution is detected, it is impossible to permanently disable or delete it completely, as in previous versions.
However, there are still a number of scenarios where you can not use the default antivirus. For example, when you configure a kiosk computer that does not connect to the Internet, no one can connect to peripheral devices. Or when performing certain tasks, which otherwise will be blocked by the security function. If you need to disable Windows Defender antivirus, learn here how to turn off windows defender, even though your computer is vulnerable to threats, there are several ways to permanently disable the antivirus by using the Group Policy and Registry Editor.
Windows Defender is a security application that Microsoft places in every version of Windows. Sometimes you can disable it to perform certain tasks that Windows Defender may encounter, or you plan to install other anti-virus applications. In this article, I’ll show you how to turn off windows defender in Windows 10.
Method No.1:- Turn off windows defender temporarily
- STEP 1: Click “Settings” in the “Start Menu“. Then choose Update and Security.
- STEP 2: Select “Windows Security” in the left pane and select “Open Windows Defender Security Center“.
- STEP 3: Open the Windows Defender settings, and then click the “Virus and Threat Protection Settings” link.
- STEP 4: Click the button “Real-time protection“, “Cloud-delivered protection” and “Automatic selection of samples” to disable Windows Defender.
Method No.2: Using Group Policy to Turn Off Windows Defender
- STEP 1: Click “Win + R” and enter “gpedit.msc”, then click “Enter” or “OK”.
- STEP 2. Click “Computer Configuration” and “Administrative Templates“.
- STEP 3: Click “Windows Components” and double-click ” Windows Defender“.
- STEP 4: Double-click “turn off Windows Anti-Virus“.
Finally, select the “Enable” button on the left side and click “OK“.
But without Windows Defender protection, there may be some threats on your computer, so you need to install some powerful third-party program. Wise Anti Malware not only completely protects your computer from malware, but also improves the work of cleaning and optimization. Try it!
Download: Link-1 |Link-2 |Link-3